Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patricks Day









Happy St. Patricks Day!!!!!




What a cool day! You get to be Irish for the day even if your really not. Lucky you. (hee hee)




Well I must say I have a weebit O'Irish in me. My grandmother and Grandfather were both half Irish so it gives me about a quarter if you think in mathematical terms. Right? with both grandparents 1/2 it would make my mom half and me half of that since it is only on her side right? O.k whatever. Just pass the corn beef , boiled potatoes and carrots and a little bit o'cabbage with a sprinkle of vinegar. Yum. Hey don't forget the grated horseradish.




Ok so what does this have to do with crafting. Nothing!!!! Well except my Mother has made this traditional boiled dinner every St. Patricks day since I can remember. It's actually a family get together for us. ( I love traditions ). So as far as crafting goes I got to leave my mess on my dining room table and go over there to eat. Now I can go back to gluing and packaging my barrettes and book marks for the craft show next weekend.




Here are some pictures. Let me know what you think. I am still trying to find "that" item that will sell like hot cakes.



These charms are made from thick wool blend felt that was die cut and layered . They are two sided and very light weight. I think they are so cute. They can be worn on a necklace a zipper pull, a key chain, or as a cell phone charm. I was thinking of using them on my bent wire book marks. ( I haven't shared those yet but I will another day)

Same material but made into clippie barrettes on snap clips. I like the look with the rhinestones.


These are really just like appliques right now. I guess they could be used for scrapbooks, cards, altered books, or even clothes but I think I might add pin backs to them. I haven't decided quite yet.



I think these are cute. These are just the alligator clips covered in grosgrain ribbon that are SOOOO popular. I just wanted to make them a little different besides the common bows on them. I think the bows are adorable but I wanted a little uniqueness in mine.




Here's more clippies but just a little smaller







These are my Jumbo brass paper clip bookmarks. I really like these. I have no idea what to price these. Still trying to decide. I don't even know if something like would sell at a craft show. Hopefully they would make good Easter basket stuffers.





These are more charms like the first picture except the second picture shows the back of each charm. They co-ordinate with the front but are reversible for another look. Pretty cool if you are buying them to wear as a pendant.







Ok. Well I think that is enough for tonight. Have a great green day!!!!


Hugs, blessings, and happy crafting.





No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogFrog