Thursday, August 26, 2010

Getting back to "work"

Tah Dah!!! I found my way back. lol

I have said a few times that I am going to post everyday during the week and I am going to take many pictures of what I am doing. I am going to make video instructions of crafts and yadda yadda yadda ... Ok so, I am not a liar, just uhm... Internet lazy! That is why I put the word work in quotes in the title. I actually love being on the Internet but blogging, listing my etsy items, following up on "Link Love" ( which is a whole other monster ) and keeping my Payvment shop up to date and oh yeah liking and posting on Facebook. That my friends, all seem like work! Even though I totally love interacting with everyone and sharing and learning new things, when I say I HAVE to do it, well then it feels like punching a clock.

I guess what I am saying is I am full of good intentions but I really just want to keep having fun doing what I love and I never want to feel like I have to do any of the things I do . Boy what a ramble!!!!

So what have I been up to? Well like I mentioned I started a Facebook Fan page a few months back. Mamablingthing, and on that page you can shop for just about anything I make. I really like using payvment for my shop now tab except I have yet to see a sale through Facebook yet. Not that I am placing blame on facebook, I have been extremely network lazy. I really need to get listing more items on my Etsy page though. What is really cool is that Payvment added an app that takes everything you have listed on etsy and merges it with your facebook store front. Really cool. I'm not sure why Etsy would allow it but so far I haven't heard anything against it. I don't really get into the forums though.



I have recently started making natural bath and body products. I love, love, love doing this. I think my favorite thing to make is the Bath Bombs. Oh and to lay in a warm tub with these....mmmm. I have to remember not to use everything I make because I actually do have to sell some in order to recoup the cost of inventory. What else? Well, goats milk lotions, creams, and body milk spray. Goats milk based lotions are sooo silky, I just love them. Oh yeah and I found out I totally love working with pure soy wax. I bought about 20 lbs. of 100% soy flakes and got soy crazy. I made solid lip gloss, solid perfume, chap stick, and tons of soy tarts. I love the way that any left over wax just washes away! So much nicer than working with bees wax. Don't get me wrong, I really like the smell of bees wax, it's so rich and homey, but it's not fun to clean up your tools after.

This entry is way to boring long so until next time ( maybe tomorrow? ) hugs, blessings, and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogFrog